Sunday, April 29, 2018

ESAD - Retirement List Blog Hop

Welcome to the ESAD Retirement List Blog Hop as we say a fond farewell to some of  our favourite products that will be leaving us with the 2017/18 Annual and Occasions Catalogues.

For this blog hop, I decided to feature some of my favourite DSP, using the same basic card sketch and the lovely Layering Love stamp set and Layering Heart framelits, adding a few different retiring products here and there.

This first one uses Easter Palace DSP and the lovely Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers, I love the way they add interest to the background. To enhance the heart on this card, and tie in even more gold I layered an extra gold foil heart behind the sentiment.

 My next card uses Painted With Love Specialty DSP, using a little strip of one of the coordinating sheets to make the heart banner behind the sentiment. If you look closely you can see a little strip of Whisper White 1/4" Organza Ribbon that I coloured with Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends. I am sad to see this ribbon go as it is just beautiful and perfect to colour with our Blends to match any project.

Sad farewell to the Petal Passion DSP, again with this card I have used my Stampin' Blends to colour the flowers and leaves to coordinate with my project.  For the sentiment on this card I stamped in Versamark and embossed in white, sponging the edges of the heart to give it a bit more depth.

Finally, and taking a masculine theme, I used a couple of the sheets of True Gentleman DSP, cutting the little bow ties from one of the sheets to embellish the background.  I haven't used this DSP nearly enough and really wish it was carrying over, it is a great option for masculine cards.

I hope you have enjoyed my projects, which was your faviourite?  Let me know in the comments.

Time to hop on over and see what Michelle had created with her favourite retiring products.


In case any of the links aren't working, here is a full list of blog participants:
Blog Hop Participant List
  1. Lou Kitzelman
  2. Kelly Kent
  3. Bronwyn Eastley
  4. Jackie Aitken
  5. Jo Stubbings
  6. Peta Stephen
  7. Sharon Dalton
  8. Lauren Meiklejohn
  9. Courtenay Heuston
  10. Nicole Wilson
  11. Jo Weeden
  12. Libby Dyson
  13. Cheryl Algie
  14. Megan Lenske
  15. Beryl Crisp
  16. Fi Cobbin
  17. Rose Packer
  18. Cathy Pinchbeck
  19. Carolina Evans
  20. Renee Lynch  
  21. Sandra Mastello
  22. Katrina Duffell
  23. Rachael Lewsley
  24. Leonie Schroder
  25. Emily Campbell
  26. Monique Fielder   --- You Are Here
  27. Michelle Strazds
  28. Jessie Holton


Happy Stamping
Monique

11 comments:

  1. Love all your cards Mon and I especially like all the different ways you showed us and for a range of people too. Thanks for the inspiration and for hopping with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices for highlighting of DSP...So sad about all of them retiring too.
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards - so much DSP to love that's going - I have resolved to use more of it earlier in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four beautiful cards Monique. I love how each card has the same layout but using the different DSP's gives them all a totally different look. My favourite is the Petal Passion card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set of cards, Monique. Fabulous way to showcase the retiring DSP's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab way to showcase the DSP Monique. Love the design you have used. CAS and fabulous! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the different looks with the same layout! Petal Passion in particular is a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mon I love your cards ... that stamp set will be missed. So many different looks with the same layout!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.