Sunday, November 26, 2017

ESAD Blog Hop - Blends

Welcome to another ESAD Blog Hop, this time we are going to be showing you projects made with the wonderful Stampin' Blends.  It is so exciting to have these alcohol markers that coordinate with the rest of the Stampin' Up! colour range.

I couldn't help but use my new stamp set Bird Banter, I love these little birds and they are nice and little and cute for colouring.  I am not sure that you would actually find this colour combo in nature but I think he looks cute!  I used quite a few colours on him, building up and overlapping colours as I went. I also used my Stampin' Blends to colour three Rhinstones for a little bit of bling. I think this sentiment from the bird banter set is going to be my most used (I am always late with birthdays!!!).

Inspired by branch he is sitting on I created an Old Olive panel using my new Layered Leaves 3D embossing folder which I have only just received. I did wonder how much "better" the 3D leaves would look than regular embossing, but let me just say they are amazing, to have different depths of embossing on individual leaves is just brilliant.  Deciding to pick up the lovely Pumpkin Pie on his head and beak I added a little border on one side using the Decorative Ribbon Border and mounting it all on a Pumpkin Pie base.

If you are interested I achieved these looks with the following colours:
His face and wings are done with a base colour of Light Pool Party with Light Daffodil Delight blended over the top to give the blue/green shade then highlights were added with Dark Daffodil Delight. His head and body were Light Pumpkin Pie shaded down into Light Daffodil Delight.  Beak Dark Pumpkin Pie and his collar Light Cherry Cobbler. Tail a combo of Light Cherry Cobbler and Dark Pumpkin Pie.


  
Time to hop on over and see what Amity has created with her blends.

Just in case you get lost on your way around, here is a list of all the blog participants:
9. Monique Fielder - You Are Here











Happy Stamping
Monique

9 comments:

  1. Cute card with wonderful colouring Mon. Many thanks for inspiring us and for joining us on the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you get when you blend a parrot......Super cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colouring of the macaw. I have a Macaw in my blog hop project too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so tweet! Love that set. I had better ink up mine now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh another cute bird! I am so going to have to ge this gorgeous set and you have coloured him in beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monique, he is so cute! Love the colours very bright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable! Love your parrot! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect colouring Monique! Love the bright colours! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! I just love the blending and detail you've gone to Monique x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.