Sunday, May 28, 2017

ESAD Sneak Peek Blog Hop

Welcome to another ESAD Blog Hop, this time we are taking a quick sneak peek at the new Annual Catalogue which goes live on 1 June.  

These are not my usual style of cards, but I really like them and they are such a cute way of showing off the beautiful new In-Colours. I am using the Happy Birthday Gorgeous Bundle which has an amazing 32 stamps including sentiments, flowers, banner, and of course cute little balloons which I have used in both cards. Having made one card with these great colours and bundle, I couldn't help myself making a second! Which is your favourite?

Here is my first card, if you look closely you can see that I have used Shimmery White cardstock and sponged the new colours to make a rainbow background. I love how easy the Shimmery White makes sponging a background with it's slightly coated finish.  It also gives such a lovely shimmer which still shows through the sponged colours.  I was just going to use Lemon Lime Twist for the sentiment but it needed something to make it pop, easy fix ... adding a second sentiment in black to give it a shadow. The cute little balloons are from Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set, which coordinates with the Balloon Bouquet Punch.

For my second card I added a banner stamped with one of the happy birthday sentiments from the stamp set.  One of the things I love about photopolymer stamps is how easy they are to cut up!  That's right I cut the stamps up as I find this gives me more versatility, in this case I carefully cut between the Happy and the Birthday and can now use the stamps together as intended or separately as I have on this card.  In much the same way I have cut the framelit cut out to just have the "birthday" on the card, but this time cut it from Dazzling Diamond Glimmer paper which I then coloured with Lemon Lime Twist ink.

I hope you like my projects, it is now time to hop on over and see what my good friend Cathy has created to inspire you.


Happy Stamping
Monique

19 comments:

  1. Ooh! Loving the rainbow effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Mon. Thanks for joining us on the ESAD Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw so pretty Moni ! My favourite is the balloon one but both are so pretty and I hadn't thought to use these colours like that , they blend together perfectly ! Thanks for the inspiration .

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a gorgeous way to use the new incolours!! Love how you have used this bundle too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These are such fun and happy cards Monique! Reminds me of the Aurora Borealis colour tones x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning colouring Monique! Love how you've blended them together. What a showcase! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. From the looks of your beautiful card, I'm going to have my fingers inky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The more I see these colours used the more I love them! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monique, these cards are so STUNNING...I love the variety of effects just using In Colors
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These cards just POP! Awesome job thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That rainbow is AWESOME ... I would never have even tried that but sooooo glad your shared it, now I am going to have to make one ...love it Mon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very bright and bold Monique. Such a great idea to colour the Glimmer paper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a clever idea to show off the new colours. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing vibrant cards Mon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun cards, the colours look great together - you are braver than me I don't event trim the excess rubber from mine let alone cut them in half!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the vibrancy of these cards Moni. My favourite is your second card

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.