Wednesday, May 9, 2018

CI #33 - Colour Combo Two Ways

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, where we take inspiration from the colours in a different photograph each week, and use those colours as the basis for our projects. 

This challenge we are taking inspiration from this shabby chic looking flower arrangement:

  • Night of Navy
  • Marina Mist
  • Very Vanilla
  • Always Artichoke
  • Sahara Sand

I have to share that I initially found this colour combo to be a bit of a challenge, for starters Always Artichoke is my least favourite colour, and the combo doesn't have nice bright colours. But I decided to have a play around and surprised myself by actually made two cards for the challenge!  

This first card is the one I started with, deciding that an easy way to use the colours would be by stamping them in with the various circle stamps from Eastern Beauty.  However once I had done this I wasn't really sure where to go next, so I put the base piece aside and started over.

I had seen a card by Kylie Bertucci that used the Lovely Floral Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (which I think needs a longer name!), and sponged colour over the top.  I had a play around with this, adding the colours from the challenge to different parts of the design until I was happy with it.  Layering on the double background enhances the contrast between Night of Navy and Marina Mist and brightens the card.

I then went back and finished off my first card with a similar but reversed background and card base and added the sentiment and "flower".  I was really pleased that I persisted with what was very much a challenge for me.

I hope you are inspired to join in with this challenge, if you find it to be a true challenge like me, just play around and see what turns out!  Then add a picture of your creation to the CI Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Lou has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Your personal challenge came up with an awesome pair of cards!! I love the sponged embossing folder - it looks stunning in these cards. And I love the make-your-own DSP of the first card too - what a great idea for using colours in a non-threatening way!! Brilliant work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how the harder the colour challenge is personally the more rewarding the finished product!! I love your second sponged card - and doesn't Artichoke look lovely like that after all!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what Monique, Awful Artichoke is me least favourite colour too! You cards are gorgeous and I am so happy you moved past the initial hurdle and created 2 beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a lovely job with the colours Monique and yep, l think a few will be happy to see it's been replaced. Two fab cards, love the effect of the second one. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.