Wednesday, March 14, 2018

CI #29 - Vintage Birthday

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, where a group of South Pacific Stampin' Up! demonstrators take inspiration from a photograph, taking the main colours from it and matching them to ones from the Stampin' Up! range. We would love for you to join in each week, if you don't have the exact colours use ones that closely match. 

The colours for this challenge are:
  • Crumb Cake
  • Chocolate Chip
  • Blushing Bride
  • Garden Green
  • Very Vanilla

I love the vintage feel of these colours, so used that as the basis of my card. I haven't had the chance to play with my Happy Wishes, one of the beautiful Sale-A-Bration sets you can earn for free until the end of March. I stamped in Chocolate Chip, let it dry well, then coloured with Stampin' Write Markers, this still smudged the colour slightly but I think that added to the vintage look.  The addition of some Crumb Cake sponging to the layers gives it a bit more of a vintage feel. 

I hope you are inspired to join us in this challenge, just add a picture of your project using the challenge colours to the CI Facebook Page

Time to hop on over and check out Elizabeth's creation for this challenge. 

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. great vintage look and feel Monique.I love your background on the crumb cake panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great stamp set to use for these gorgeous vintage colours - so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.