Sunday, January 14, 2018

Trending Magical Galaxies

 I have had a wonderful couple of days with nothing to do but create!  Having had almost four weeks on holiday from work it is nice to finally have time to let my creativity lose.  So I went in search of some challenges to enter as I find these spark my mojo and push me in directions I might not have otherwise taken.  The Just Us Girls Galaxy Challenge caught my eye. 

Recently I had a crafting day with a friend and fellow demonstrator, and had my first play with the new Brusho that is in the latest Stampin' Up! catalogue. I made a sheet of water colour paper using the Brilliant Red and Prussian Blue and we all agreed at the time it would go perfectly with the Magical Day stamp set. Other items from this suite of products were also perfect for this challenge with the beautiful sparkly stars on the Myths and Magic Specialty DSP paired so well with the theme and the colours on the "You" cut from a piece of shimmer paper coloured with Brusho. Finishing off with the more stars on the Myths and Magic Specialty Washi Tape under the sentiment stamped with Tabs for Everything.  

I wanted to focus your attention for a minute on the main "galaxy" panel.  I loved the way the colours had blended on this piece and chose it because I could see the swirl of colour being the result of some spell or other being cast by the wizard. I wanted to highlight this part of the panel so used the tiny stars from the Magical Day stamp set, and totally love how it turned out, I think it really looks like he is affecting the fabric of the galaxy!

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

  1. This Brusho technique produced a fantastic galaxy effect! This is so cool with that little wizard. Great job on this challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.