Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Petals and Blends

I have a bit of a bitter sweet day today, my parents have been down to visit since Christmas Eve which has been so lovely, and they flew home yesterday, and as they live aproximately an 18.5 hour drive away, I don't get to see them as often as I would like. So it is a bit of a sad day today, waking up without them in the house, but in the quiet of the morning I have found time to sit and play at my craft desk and the mojo has been flowing!

It has been my first play with this lovely new Petal Passion DSP which is just beautiful, and I fell in love with it back in November when I saw it at OnStage. I decided to use some of the floral papers and colour them with my Blends.  Here I have used the blends as straight colour (not blending two shades together) keeping the darker pink to the bigger flowers and the light pink on the smaller blossoms. I used the darker pink to colour some of the gorgeous Whisper White 1/4" Organza Ribbon. Let me just say that I think I am going to be using metres and metres of this ribbon as it is so pretty and with the Blends so versatile and easy to match to any project. 

The sentiment is from the new Lots of Happy Card Kit which Santa popped under our Christmas tree for my mum, daughter and I to make while mum was visiting.  We had such a lovely time, and with mum being a total novice at card making the kit was perfect for her to make 5 lovely cards to take home and share with her friends. This is such a special memory!

This is my second card using the Petal Passion DSP coloured with Stampin' Blends, this time I did use the two shades of each colour to blend and add depth to each flower and the leaves. I also coloured the Silver Natural Trim Ribbon to coordinate with the card, and embossed another of the sentiments from the Lots of Happy kit.  I am not sure that the photo shows it off well but I decided to make the ribbon ombre, using the lighter Pool Party Blends under the metallic stripe, and the darker one on the top. 

Using the Stampin' Blends to make the ombre ribbon on my card I decided to have a play with the Whisper White Organza Ribbon, colouring one edge of the ribbon with the dark, and the other edge with the light Blends.  They worked so well I decided to make them into a little sampler using Tear & Tape in strips on the tag and trimming the edges.  All of them have the light colour on the top of the ribbon and the darker shade at the bottom (all except the Cherry Cobbler which I seem to have added "upside down"!!!). 

I don't have all my Blends yet, but have put tape where these will gone once I fill out my collection, that way I can just take off the backing and add more ribbon.

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

  1. Lovely work Monique! I am sure you have started a huge demand for the organza ribbon - I'm going to play with mine this morning!!! Thanks for such a clear blog. Clare in NZ

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.