Sunday, January 14, 2018

Magical Sketch

Another challenge that caught my eye this weekend was the TGIF Sketch Challenge, I knew it would challenge me with the main panel to one side and a large amount of space on the other, and I love a good challenge.

 Happy to play around with more Brusho I made the panel with Brilliant Red and Prussian Blue on Shimmer Paper, letting the colours blend together quite a lot. I found pushing the pools of water around a bit with a paintbrush helped get the blending I was after.  Having stamped him in Gold Embossing Powder I also used Brusho with my Aqua Painter to colour the dragon from Magical Day stamp set. I just love that this set has Fraemlits to cut out all the critters.I love how much depth of colour you can get with concentrated Brusho, it really makes him pop off the card.  

Once the panels were in place I decided the base of the card looked too plain, so used a little trick Alisa Tilsner showed in one of her videos and mixed some Craft White ink with water and splattered it across the base card having masked the main image. I used her technique of tapping the Aqua Painter to drop the ink onto the cardstock, but then wanted a finer finish so used my fingernail to flick the bristles and that worked well. 

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

  1. Great use of Brusho! The bright colors of the main panel and dragon are stunning!!! I just love this card. Thanks for joining us at TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.