Sunday, November 5, 2017

CTC #153 - Christmas Tags

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, a challenge hop in which we take inspiration from one of the projects in the Stampin' Up! catalogues in our creations.

This week we are looking at the tags in the Holiday Catalogue, there are so many tags in the catalogue, or you could take inspiration from a card to make a tag!  

I chose the tag on the jar of lollies found on page 52 of the catalogue. Once I got started I realised it was a similar layout to the card I made a couple of weeks ago!

I didn't want to make a Halloween tag, so changed things up just a little to give it a Christmas theme. I often give wine as a gift and love having a handmade take to make them a bit more special.  The sentiment is of course from Merry Little Labels stamp set, cut with the banner from the Mini Treat Bag framelits - it is easy to forget all the great shapes in this set, not just the mini treat bag.

I made the rosette from Merry Music Specialty DSP, however to make it pop a bit more I spritzed it with a mix of Cherry Cobbler ink and rubbing alcohol.  I coloured the Rhinestone embellishments with my new Cherry Cobbler Blends pen, just perfect for this sort of thing.  The "ribbon" is a combination of  Silver and Red Mini Tinsel Trim and Black Baker's Twine, holding them all in place with a little white bow.

The great thing about these sorts of tags is that they work equally well for other bottled gifts, and all occasions.  

   
I hope you are inspired to join us this week, with so many tags to use as inspiration your Christmas gifts will look so special. Just take inspiration from one of the tags in the Holiday Catalogue and upload a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook Page

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely and talented Rebecca has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. I love the spritzing on the dsp, it looks amazing! Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your tag is stunning. I love the colours and the red rhinestones! Brilliant. Thankyou for the amazing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. This tag is stunning Monique. I love the coloured DSP and the bling and well...just everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to colour the dsp, and it looks fab on this tag, makes a very pleasant finish to your gift

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a deluxe tag Monique! And the rosette - wow!!! Great project! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Monique.The diy on the dsp is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.