Sunday, June 12, 2016

CTC #82 - Christmas

Welcome to another CASEING the Catty blog hop, this week we are taking inspiration from the Christmas section of the Annual Catalogue, pages 26-37.  

I chose this 3D project on the top left of page 35 as my inspiration. Even though the Holly Jolly Greetings is a carry over from last catalogue, it is a new one for me so it was an opportunity to ink it up for the first time.

In a moment of shock I realised that I had run out of gold glimmer paper!  How does that even happen?  Not to let that slow me down I decided to use Gold Foil Sheets to make the banner. Sticking with the gold theme I added some "splatter" with my Gold Wink of Stella (a bit messy) the photograph doesn't show the lovely sparkle this adds.

If you would like to join us just choose any of the samples in the Christmas pages of the catalogue and add your project to the main blog June page.  

We are looking for a few more crew members, so if you would like to join the CASE-ing the CATTY Crew all you have to do is join in with one or more of our challenges this month, with the successful new crew members announced early in July.  You need to be a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator in the South Pacific region who posts regularly to your blog. 

Time to hop on over to see what Rachel has created.



Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. My goodness I didn't even notice this project in the catalogue and it's so lovely! I think you e done a great job with the Stella gold splatter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you can show how to take a 3D project and use it for a card inspiration. a very sparkly card and perfect for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried to splatter wink of Stella tonight too, and I agree, it's tricky but omg it glitters! Looks like you had fun making it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We think alike I made a card inspired by a box this week, love all that gold and red theme it is very much a Christmas colour combination that I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monique, love how substituted the box for a card, I especially love all the gold splatters, I must try that!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.