Sunday, September 27, 2015

CTC #49 - Home for the Holidays


Its time for another CASE-ing the Catty Blog Hop. CASE-ing the Catty is all about using the Stampin' Up! catalogues as inspiration, it is amazing how many samples and ideas there are in these wonderful pages.  This week we are looking at the Home for the Holidays section of the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue.

I chose the card on page 11, but for my card changed up the colours a little bit, and used the Festival of Trees for the scene looking into the house through the Hearth & Home Thinlit window.  Did you notice the tinsel at the top of each window?  That is a section of one of the stamps from the Festival of Trees that is usually for adding tinsel to the trees, I love how perfectly it fits in the windows.  The sentiment comes from Petite Pairs, one of my must have stamp sets, and I added silver cord and a metalic pearl.  The snowflakes on the base layer are stamped using the Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set, again this is a great stamp set for doing backgrounds.

Now its time to hop on over to Alison's blog, then just keep following the arrows at the bottom of each post until you have visited all the blogs.

Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. A great scene you've created Monique, tinsel at the window is a good idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the changes that you have made to make the card your own. I love your tinsel in the window!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely CASE Monique. I love it in green & how clever are you using that tinsel as a little banner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! LOVE the tinsel in the window. I wanted to use festival of trees on my card too through the window but I couldn't work out how to do it and make it look good. Yours is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Monique. I love how you've changed it up and used Festival of Trees. I feel a bit bad neglecting it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, Monique. Thanks for showing that the scale of the Festival of Trees works so well with the window die and your tinsel is a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tinsel is a perfect touch for your sweet window scene. Love the background stamping, Monique, I thought it was DSP! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.