Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bright Makes Me Happy

 One of the great things about being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator is the inspiration I can get from other demonstrators all around the world, the Around the World Stampin' Up! Challenge is a great blog to visit, and this week has inspired me to not just look at the wonderful creations, but to join in with their colour challenge!

 I have not had chance yet to use my Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die, and decided to change that with this card. I wanted a painted wood lattice sort of feel so stamped Crushed Curry onto the same colour card stock using the Woodgrain stamp.  Then I ran it through the Big Shot with the Thinlit to create the lattice.  I decided to layer this over the stamped image, a combination of Flower Shop and Creative Elements to give the sense of looking through the lattice into the garden.  The little faux bows were an additional thought when the two layers of ribbon were not quite enough.

I sat and looked at the card for a while, not sure if I liked it or not.  I decided it needed something else to make it pop, so added some smaller flowers using Petite Petals stamp set and matching punch.  I just love how the flower makes perfect leaves as well!  Using my bone folder I gently curled the petals to give more of a 3D look and popped a couple of them up on Dimensionals.  I think this gives the card the finish it needed. I was thinking of adding Crushed Curry Candy Dots in the centres of the flowers but thought that might be taking it a bit far :)

Happy Stamping

1 comment:

  1. Your card is awesome, Monique. Thank you for your participation to the challenge! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.