Friday, August 9, 2013

Starburst Christmas

Don't you just love it when you find a new technique you love, and it's easy too?  For me that is Starburst cards and inking up embossing folders, so it only made sense to put both on the same card!

What do you think of the result?  I changed up the Starburst this time by mirroring the burst, I quite like this way of doing it.  I also just adore the effect of inking up my embossing folder with Cherry Cobbler ink and then just putting the Whisper White in and running my hand over the folder to transfer the ink onto the cardstock.  The sentiment is a combination of the Label Love stamp set and Petite Pairs - I love how versatile Label Love is.

Here is a little tip that I thought I would share:  I have stamped and then used a craft knife to cut out the sentiment of one of the stamps from the Label Love set. I use this to check against sentiments in the catalogue (pic on right) to see which will fit in the space.  With the new wood mount cases it is really easy to store both this template in the sleeve at the back.  I have also stamped a completed image and stored that in the sleeve as well to remind me for next time.

Happy Stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.