Monday, July 22, 2013

Chalk Talk Challenge

 The Sketch Frenzy Friday challenge took my eye today.  It is nice and simple and let me play with a new stamp set and a new technique (for me).

I took a couple of liberties with the sketch, but the large label 'needed' the pretty Coastal Cabana ribbon to hang off!  I just love Chalk Talk and am looking forward to playing with it more in future cards. Here I have stamped in Strawberry Slush and again in Coastal Cabana cutting out the label by hand.  The background is the new technique I was trying (my first attempt).  To make this background I inked up my Honeycombe Embossing Folder and putting a piece of Whisper White card stock inside and then just running over it with my hand to transfer the ink onto the cardstock.  I had imagined that the centre of each honeycombe would have coloured as well but it remained clean!

Happy Stamping

1 comment:

  1. I love the background made with the embossing folder! I have been wanting to try this, too! Love the colors you used! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.