Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sketched Birthday

Have you ever been stuck for ideas about what colour combo to use?  I am quite often, and today was no different, I was just back from my trip to Sydney and wanted to get busy creating but not sure where to start with colours.  I decided to pick up my new Colour Coach and pick a combo that included at least one of our new colours from the colour refresh.  I chose one of the combos on the back of the Wisteria Wonder colour card which was Wisteria Wonder, Soft Sky (new) and Sahara Sand.

I was really happy with how this card turned out, I used Sahara Sand for the base card and added the party hats and balloons from the Sketched Birthday stamped in Versamark for the background.  The ribbon is the Organza coloured with Soft Sky then heated with the heat tool to both set the colour and to gently wrinkle the ribbon.  I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the icing, you can see it better in the next picture.

The main image was actually reasonably small and felt a bit lost on the front of the card, so I stamped it in different colours (StazOn, Wisteria Wonder and Soft Sky). I coloured and then cut the cupcake by hand and raised it on a dimensional, cut the centre circle using my 1 1/4" circle punch, then the Soft Sky layer with the scallop circle punch.  By layering different the stamp like this, then mounting the whole thing onto the Window Frames shape it makes a great main image.   I used my paper piercing template and Wisteria Wonder Stampin' Write Marker to add the detail around the window frame.

I think I might go and try another colour combo from my Colour Coach ... 

Happy Stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.