Friday, November 9, 2012

Festive Friday #44

 
Isn't this a great picture!  It reminds me a little of the lolly bar that we had at our Stampin' Up! Convention this year - beautiful jars and bowls filled with lollies.  This one clearly reminds me of Christmas and I can almost taste the peppermint just looking at it!  This great photo is the inspiration for this week's Festive Friday Challenge.

I decided to keep my card almost monochromatic using the red and white from the candy canes as my inspiration, although there is a touch of green in the stripes on the DSP, much like the napkin in the front of the photo - good planning, or good luck ... I'll let you be the judge!  I used one of the new Edgelits to create the border on what I think of as the railing.

I wanted to show you a bit of a closer view of the ornaments, stamped with my new wonderful Ornament Keepsakes stamp set and then hand cut.  Now, you don't have to hand cut them because there is a matching set of Framelits that cut them all out perfectly, however I wanted to use this to cut the glimmer paper to back the ornaments and add some sparkle.  For the ornament on the left I stamped in Real Red and then used my sponge dauber to lightly tap some Platinum Shimmer Paint around the edges, the photos don't really do this justice.  I decided to add the sentiment in the ornament shape, and used the new Paper Piercing set to make an outline for cutting the inner shape before adding the Red Glimmer Paper backing.  

I finished off the ornaments with some of the new Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon and some Rhinestones and Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details.

Come and join in this week and share what inspires you about the challenge photo.

Happy Stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.