Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Little Bit of Christmas Mojo

I have had such a lovely day today, it started by being inspired to make a card for the Mojo Monday and Festive Friday challenge.


I was quite taken with the sketch, but decided to turn it on its side to fit with what I had in mind.  I chose Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla as my colours to keep it with a vintage feel.  Instead of adding green for the branches I used the Creative Elements flourish on the Crumb Cake layer, and then added some gold twine.  This card fits with the Festive Friday challenge last week too, that was to using a ribbon in some way other than as a bow or knot.  Shame I can't enter both!

Here is a close up of the ornament, I punched the main ornament out of red Glimmer Paper, then covered some card stock with self adhesive sheet and covered with super fine glitter before cutting out a large oval.  Placing this behind the ornament punch gives the ornament a bit of a different look.

It feels great getting such a head start on my Christmas cards too!

Happy Stamping


1 comment:

  1. Cute card!! Love all your ribbon textures ... very clever! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.