Sunday, April 15, 2012

Back to Tradition!

Since putting up my last post I have made another card, this time with more traditional colours!  I was just flicking through my Google Reader and found Merry Monday challenge, and was immediately inspired to get back to traditional colours for Christmas!  

I knew I wanted to use the new Framelits as my main shape instead of the circle, so I grabbed my Christmas DSP and knew immediately I wanted to use the Santa image with a background of the merry phrases.  I chose Cherry Cobbler and Lucky Limeade as the main Christmassy colours and am really happy with how quickly I produced this card and how much I like it.  

I learned two things about my style while making this card which I will share with you.  Firstly I tend not to use sentiments on a card, and secondly I forget to reach for my textured embossing folders.  Once this card was finished I looked at it and that was when I thought the Lucky Limeade layer would have looked great with either polka dots or vintage wallpaper embossing - Doh, going to have to keep that in mind for next time.

Happy Stamping

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, great colours and I love the Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use that paper Monique! SO cute!! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage feel of your card Monique! Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.