Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sunny Lovin'

One of my lovely on-line friends, Shirley McAvoy, has been asked to be a guest on the Design Team for Sunny Challenges & Creations blog, so for her first challenge I decided I definitely had to play along.  Pop over to her blog as well as the challenge site, I just love her creations she has a bright fun style, which really matches her personality!  One of my highlights in going to Stampin' Up!  Convention last year was that I got to meet some of my on-line friends, and Shirley was one of those ladies.  Any-hoo on with the challenge!  This week was to create a card filled with Love - I guess with Valentine's Day not too far away it is a great time to make a card for someone you love.

I decided to use one of the stamps from up-coming Sale-A-Bration called Outlined Occasions.  I just love the fun feel of this set so you will be seeing more cards featuring it over the next weeks and months.  I kept the card fairly simple as I am trying to do more Clean and Simple cards.  I have raised all the hearts up on Dimensionals to give some added depth and spritzed them with a mix of rubbing alcohol and Champaign Shimmer Paint.  Usually this doesn't photograph well but I think this picture managed to capture some of the sparkle.  The line of stamping along the bottom of the card is a stamp in another Sale-A-Bration set called Fresh Vintage, again expect to see a fair bit of this set on my blog as well!  

Happy Stamping

3 comments:

  1. Moni I LOVE your card, and I LOVE your friendship. Thanks for playing along with Sunny Challenges this week. Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Monique. Love the sparkle on the hearts. Thanks for playing along at Sunny Challenges and Creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the funky design, Monique! I will pop over and check out this challenge site. Haven't heard of it before! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.