Thursday, December 8, 2011

Colours of Christmas

Don't you find that at this time of year time goes so fast!  It went so fast for me that I completely missed last week's challenge at Paper Lovin' Gals! This week there is a great inspirational photo to inspire creativity, a bit different to what you might see in an Aussie Christmas, although we have had some unseasonably cold weather lately.

I love inspirational photos because there is no limitations, whatever the photo inspires you to create is just fine, whether it is colours, layout, theme, or one element of the picture. Let this picture inspire you and join us in this week's challenge. I love the colours in this picture and it made me want to use my favourite Christmas colours, which just happens to be the challenge theme for Stampin Up Only Challenges

From the picture I was also quite taken with the windows, and wanted to recreate them in some way on my card.  I used the Lace Ribbon Border Punch to make the frame, I have seen this done with smaller border punches and just wanted to give it a go with this one.  You need to start with a 5" square piece of card stock and punch once in the middle of each side.  In the corners I have used the Postage Stamp Punch in Cherry Cobbler and then the 1" Square Punch in the centre of each.  Can you pick what I punched out?   It is the ornament punch in the Tags 'Til Christmas stamp set, isn't it cute? I also used this set to stamp the feature in the centre of the card, and backed this with a stamped doily from Delicate Doilies. I finished off with some Rhinestones to add a bit of bling.

Happy Stamping

7 comments:

  1. Wow, how absolutely stunning!!! Love your punched frame, so elegant! Fabulous colors too. When we get snow, and believe me, we get snow, would you like me to ship some to you??!! I'd be happy to get rid of it!!!! Have a great day.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique! I really love your elegant frame on your card.. and of course your added bling!! This is a stunning creation!! It is so very eye appealing!! Wonderful take on the challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know what to do with that border punch!!! Beautiful take on the photo, Monique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mon,
    This looks fabulous! Very creative.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiration is everywhere, and you have certainly shown how creatively it can be used! Love the details, right down to the Postage Stamp punch and rhinestones!!! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors you have chosen for a fantastic card. And yes, the time does go fast...too fast. :-) Thanks so much for joining us this week at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great detail Monique.. I love all the colors they are perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.