Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pals Paper Christmas

Don't you just love it when you see a sketch and immediately know what you want to do, grab the supplies, and within 15 minutes have completed the card???  It happens so very rarely but tonight as soon as I saw this sketch from Pals Paper Arts it all just fell into place.

I haven't used my Seasons of Joy stamp set in a while but after dusting it off it made the perfect centre feature to this Christmas card.

I inked up the image using Cherry Cobbler, and then using a cotton bud wiped off the ink on the tree, star and snowflake, then coloured them in using Garden Green, Daffodil Delight and Marina Mist.  The addition of some sponging, mini pearls, and a touch of embossing on the Cherry Cobbler layer were the finishing touches.  

Don't forget to pop over to Pals Paper Arts and check out the other great cards.

Happy Stamping

2 comments:

  1. I love that stamp set too. And it always looks so nice with multiple ink colors. I like the sponging too. It gives it a little vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great holiday card. I really love all of the colors. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.