Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Friday Mash Up #22



Just a quick post tonight as I am soooo tired.  I had made a card on Saturday but just couldn't seem to get myself organised to post it up!  So a bit of a rushed post to make sure I get it submitted in time.

This week's Friday Mash Up was to make a Gate Fold Card and/or use numbers on the card.  Well for me it was an easy decision not to do the mash up, as I realised I had no numbered stamps, or chipboard or anything really!  So straight into a Father's Day card for my husband.  I wanted to use his favourite colour Red, and because Cherry Cobbler goes so well with Not Quite Navy I chose that as my second colour.  Quite by accident ... I mean completely on purpose ... I discovered that by sanding the card stock it gives it a faux suede look and feel.  I embossed the Father's Day sentiment from the now retired Well Scripted set onto the side panels to give them some texture, and then used the same stamp as the feature on the gate.  I was happy with the result and think the antique brad sets it off nicely.  Hubby seemed pleased!

Happy Stamping

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mon, Great card, love the idea of sanding to create a faux suede look. Nice to see you playing along with the Friday Mashup challenge this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verynice, clean design! I love the embossing, the brad...and you used 2 of my fave colors! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique this came out great! I love that color combo for a Father's Day card.. I bet he loved it! I like how you used the brad to hold the card closed. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great color combo and I love the embossing!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card, Monique. I love how you've used the button to close the gate! Thanks for joining in the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.