Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mum's Birthday Gift

This week is my mum's birthday and I am lucky enough to be able to travel up to see her.  In fact I am writing this post the night before I leave, and will schedule it for her birthday just in case she peeks at my blog I don't want to spoil the surprise!

Because I am traveling up to see her, I know she would not want me to spend any money on a gift, and I know she loves getting hand made items.  Luckily I make cards!!!!  I decided to make her a set of cards in a box so that she can use them for special occasions that come up.  The base of the box is quite sturdy being made from the backing sheet that comes with the DSP, I used a technique learned at Convention, you get some glad wrap all bunched up and dipped into Platinum Shimmer Paint and dab it all over the card stock.  When it dries you sponge your chosen colours over the top and it gives a great look.  I will be posting a picture of another card made with this technique soon.
I have kept the sentiments separate so that she can choose herself which card to give for which occasion, I do so hope she likes them.  Because there are a few cards, and I am away for a couple of weeks I will schedule them over the course of the next week so keep popping back.

This is the first of the cards in the cute little box.  Having had so much fun recently playing with Creative Elements I just had to use it on this set also.  Here I have matched Not Quite Navy with Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz.  On this card I have put a sentiment, but it is easily covered by one of the little ones in the bag.

Happy Stamping

1 comment:

  1. Monique, this is just beautiful, your Mum will LOVE it for sure. Great idea to have the sentiments separate for her to choose. Can't wait to see the other cards. The one you've pictured is lovely....I can't wait to get my hands on that stamp set!
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.