Thursday, July 7, 2011

Last Minute Mashup!

I don't know where time has gone these days, but somehow we are in July, half of 2011 has slipped by and it's been ages since I made a post!  Today when I got home I had a quick look at The Friday Mashup! and discovered I still had time to do a quick entry. 
The theme this week was Red, White and Blue, Patriotic.  Now while we Aussies are patriotic it is not usually with the Red White and Blue theme, more Green and Yellow, or Green and Gold as we like to call it.  So this week for the first time ever, I am not doing the whole mashup challenge!!! 

I have been wanting to ink up the Button Buddies set ever since Shelli announced at Convention that we were all going to be lucky enough to take it home.  You should have heard the roar around the convention hall.  Each of the stamps works well on it's own, but even better with one of the Stampin' Up! buttons as a feature.  In this card I have used the flower stamp and done both red (cherry cobbler) and blue (night of navy) flowers, with a contrasting button in the middle flower.  The two outside flowers I left plain to show off their centres which I highlighted with some sponging.

I hope you have enjoyed this creation.  I hope to get a couple more done over the weekend, but I am heading off to visit my family for a couple of weeks so won't be doing stamping, and it is possible you won't hear from me again until I return.

Happy Stamping

4 comments:

  1. What a great card. Thanks for playing along with the friday mashup

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out great... What a cute set! I saw we have it in our new catalog too... The pig is my favorite! Welcome back, sounds like you've been rather busy... Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique, this is gorgeous. Love it.

    Take care and have fun with your family visit.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card! I am tempted to get that set...you are furthering my temptation! LOL

    Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup again!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.