Sunday, July 31, 2011

Another Challenge ..

It seems that this week is Challenge Week for me - both in my creativity and my non-creative life.  I have been taken with a few challenges this week, as well as the challenge of returning to work after holidays, and returning to diet after two weeks of my mum's cooking!!! 









The card challenges that I worked on for this card come from Less Is More and Stamping 411.  I don't often join in the less is more, because I have a habit of filling up the card and not leaving enough blank space, but the 411 sketch challenge gave me a layout that had a fair bit of space.

The Less Is More challenge was to add something fruity, because I don't have any fruity stamps, I immediately thought of this strawberry made from the Heart Embosslit Die, the 5-petal flower, 2-step bird and boho blossoms punches.  The idea came from Denise Willerton who was a featured artist on Stamping 411, there is a link to the tutorial on that site.  I chose Real Red, Pear Pizzazz and Aways Artichoke as the colours on the card.  The centres of the three flowers are little brads, which give some dimension to them.

Happy Stamping

14 comments:

  1. That heart has made a fabulous strawberry... or rather you have by utilising it!
    Super card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply super and how cool that it fitted more than one challenge too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, love your colours. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fruit good for your diet! love the card XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea and it has turned out beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super card. Your punch art strawberry is fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - the colours work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats strawberry looks FAB, the embossing works perfectly
    Lovely card Moniquen, good to see you
    Thanks so much, have a good week
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful texture and design! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant strawberry, love the design of your card, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card! What a fab idea...embossing your strawberry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightfully sweet, Monique! In every sense of the word!!! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.