Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Convention Swaps ..... Part 3

Final post while I am at Convention, my final swap for the event another masculine card, but this time with a slightly different feel ...

This one also uses Sail Away. I knew I wanted to use the Polished Stone technique to make the ocean for this card, the photo doesn't do justice to the technique.  Polished Stone is achieved by putting some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball, then dropping different colours of re-inker onto the ball. In this case I used Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise, and then just a small amount of Platinum Shimmer Paint. Then you dab this onto your cardstock, Glossy cardstock works best as the ink doesn't immediately absorb and sort of blurs together.  I found through trial and error and advice from others, if you use too much alcohol the colours dull a little.  Cardstock is Basic Black and Pacific Point.  I have used one of the Teeny Tiny Sentiments on this card, it would be very easy to change this to suit the occasion.

Happy Stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.