Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Lovely Secret Sister

As you might remember from a previous post I have a lovely Secret Sister from over at the ESAD website.  She has created me some truely wonderful gifts and cards over the last three months and it was a pleasure to recieve this last gift from her.  She is still hiding her identity from me but I will be sure to let you all in on the secret when I know who she is.
 This month was the final gift, and my SS made me this lovely set.  I love everything about this, the "look" which I am calling Vintage Grunge.  The colours are so great together, they match the DSP Elegant Soiree, and my SS has used some of this DSP in the gift bag and in the card.  Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and Basic Gray. 
 The bag is such a tricky little idea, its a front panel and back panel added to a white bag, done up at the top with some lovely matching ribbon.  I love the flower and suspect its from one of the Big Shot Dies, the buttons in the middle add a nice touch.  I love the layering of the DSP on the card too, I find it so hard to layer like this myself, my brain wants to line everythign up perfectly.  But I so love the look, I am going to have to challenge myself more I think!
Isn't the card cute - the Hodge Podge Hardware really goes with this Vintage Grunge look, and the little strip of DSP is a lovely touch,  great way to add a feature.  This patterned cardstock was made from the Extreme Elements stamp set and I love it to pieces,  I have previously used it with bright bold colours, but this pressie from SS has made me look at it in a new light.

A huge big thank you to my SS for all the time and effort you put into my cards and gifts, it has been really special to get such wonderful happy mail.

Keep a watch on the blog, over the next couple of days I will post up some pictures of things that I have made inspired by this lovely SS present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.