Monday, August 9, 2010

Perfect Punches

To challenge myself a little I decided to make a card with each of the 6 new stamps in the Perfect Punches stamp set that I got as part of my sneak peek.  Perfect Punches is a level 2 hostess set, so if you like the look of it all you have to do is book a workshop and get $600 total sales and with a group of 6-8 friends that's not too hard!  Here are my first 3 cards with this stamp set, I hope you enjoy.


This first one is with the Joy at Christmas stamp that fits with the Scallop Circle Punch, and in this card I have paired that with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch as well.  Real Red as the base of the card just makes it Christmasy to start with, and I have added some Wild Wasabi striped ribbon that was part of my prize on Helping Hudson question of the day. I coloured the leaves around the scallop with Old Olive (no wild wasabi pen just yet, though hang around for the new IB&C which starts 1st Sept). 
To break up the red on the front of the card I stamped the little snowflake from Hello Again stamp set - it will say "hello" again in the new IB&C

I punched through the base card with the 1 1/4" punch to make the window, then stamped out the image once and punched the centre out and lined it up with the window.  Then punched out the remainder of the image with the Scallop Circle Punch and lay this over the window on the front of the card. Then wrapped the ribbon around and tide in a knot.
The idea for this card was CASEd from Leonie over at Pepperpot Stamper sadly she hasn't put her card up there, but she did put it up in the gallery of ESAD a website for Stampin' Up! demonstrators. 


My second card is using the Thanks from the Perfect Punches set.  Here I have paired it with Cottage Wall DSP, and butterflies from the Flight of the Butterfly and Butterfly Prints stamp sets.  With the smaller butterflies I highlighted the dots on their wings with the uni-ball Signo Gel Pen which really gave them a lift.
I just love these stamp sets and not only does the Thanks stamp fit perfectly with the Scallop Oval Punch, the beautiful butterflies are a perfect match for the Butterfly Punch!  I love the use of punches, saves so much fiddly cutting out. 

Final stamp from this set for today (there are 3 other stamps that I just haven't finished using yet) is the Happy Birthday stamp which fits with the Large Oval Punch.  For this card I used the Black Magic technique and was really happy with the overall effect.  The card itself is a bit outside my usual "go to" colour scheme, but I am really happy with the result.  Comfort Zones are meant to be exited from time to time!  I watched the you-tube video by Dawn Olchefske to learn the technique, its a really easy video to follow. You do need to have Basic Black card stock and White Craft Ink as well as Watercolour Pencils - all available from Stampin' Up! contact me to place an order.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Monique ... I have a feeling my comment has disappeared into cyberspace ... sorry if this is a repeat!
    This is a FAB idea ... and great for displaying colours at a workshop! Love it! Have just scrolled back through your recent posts ... and love the simplicity but wow of your cards! Perfectly simple enough for demo-ing ... but still sensational & satisfying! Lots to love! Thanks for taking the time to say hi on my blog! Hugs Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Andrea, your comments mean a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.