Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Top Note die with the Big Shot.

I am having some real fun with the top note die, I have looked at the shape on cards on Split Coast Stampers for a while now and loved it, so very pleased we now have access to it here in Australia.
This card I used Apricot Appeal for the base, and my own DSP on the lower section of the top note using the Vintage Vogue and Country Garden stamp sets from the Autumn/Winter mini catalogue. Colours used Apricot Appeal, Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry.

Another variation with the top note, I also love the way the curly label punch matches the top note. I put diamond brads from the pretties kit as the centres of the flowers for some extra bling. For this one I cut one top note from DSP from the Cottage Wall collection and another from Old Olive card stock, the DSP one I trimmed off around the perforations and layered over the Old Olive one to make the frame. Sponging the edge of the curly label gave the effect of this layering on that also. The base of the card is Kraft as are the two flowers.

This is my verson of the card I received from the swap, I changed the colours - Kraft as the base, Old Olive and DPS from . I inked the Vintage Vogue flowers with Soft Suede and then used "rock and roll" technique with the Rich Razzleberry, I really like the way they turned out. Again sponging the curly label punch out gives some depth. The light part on the top right of the card is just a patch of sunshine that crept onto my photo area.