Sunday, December 3, 2017

CTC #157 - CASE A Colour Combo

 Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take inspiration from one of the current Stampin' Up! catalogues to create our projects


This week is CASE a Colour Combo from either the Annual or Holiday Catalogues, whether this is the colours from a suite of products, or an individual project.

I spent some time flicking through the catalogue, there are so many unexpected colour combos that I don't think I would naturally put together, it was like looking at the catalogue for the first time!  It really is amazing the amount of inspiration these glossy pages provide.  I settled on the card in the above image which is located on page 130 of the Annual Catalogue.  I liked the use of the ombre DSP and the touch of Pool Party which I would not normally pair with Rich Razzleberry.

I saw a card recently using the Falling Flowers stamps and coordinating Framelits and it reminded me how much I love these images, so it was easy for me to reach for those as the starting point to my design.  I had stamped the flowers in black but it was too strong, so switched over to Rich Razzleberry, colouring the flowers with Watercolour pencils, but left without the water colouring. These pencils give such capacity for shading that I knew they would pair well with the ombre paper. 

The sentiment is a combination of a stamp from Sunshine Sayings with the Lovely Words Thinlits, trimming the word "friend" away from the frame. This I raised on mini Dimensionals to add some depth and allow shadows to form under it.

I hope you are inspired to join us this week, just choose a colour combination from within the pages of the current Stampin' Up! Catalogues and add a picture of your resulting project to the CTC Facebook page.  Don't forget to tell us which image inspired you.

Time to hop on over and see which colour combo Angela has been inspired by this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. here's to late night creating!! looks great Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very gorgeous card with a unique colour combination that you pulled off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colours together Monique, gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  4. The combination of the rich razzleberry and pool party is so beautiful. This is a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card Monique! I love how you've upped the Pool Party to make it the feature colour! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.