Thursday, January 12, 2017

Window Box Birthday

I have had time today to play with some new toys that arrived from the 2017 Occasions Catalogue from Stampin Up!  I just love a new catalogue, and better still I have time to play with them as I don't go back to work until next Monday! What do I do when I have time on my hands? I go looking for challenges, and I found two that gave me a great chance to create. Freshly Made Sketches, and TGIF Challenges.


I made the panel for this card using one of the little panel thinlits from the Window Box Thinlets. To get the colours for the candles I used 1/4" strips of card stock and a strip of 3/8" glimmer paper for the flames.  The photo really doesn't show how the glimmer paper really makes the candles come alive unfortunately. I added some washi tape and a greeting from Endless Birthday Wishes, I like the predominantly black and white of the card and the pop of colour with the candles. 

Stay tuned for lots more projects with the new products that I made today and will continue to make over the next few days, I am having so much fun.

Edited to include better photograph of the card now my camera is working!

Happy Stamping
Monique

3 comments:

  1. A great take on this week's sketch ! Love those hints of color behind the black panel! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique this card is so fun and bold! I love the black panel with the colorful candles - so so neat! Glad you shared your creation with us at TGIF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a bold and striking card! Love the rows of candles - so clever! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.