Sunday, August 21, 2016

Perfectly Wrapped Project Kit Tip

I have been having fun today making up one of each of the boxes from the Perfectly Wrapped Project Kit. You can see the full kit made up in the picture above.


I was a little disappointed to learn that the frill on the smallest box was adhered directly onto the box and would be torn when the box was opened. I knew there had to be a way to keep the look of the box and frill without having to damage it when the box is opened.

I decided the simplest way would be to add the frill to a belly band in matching Mint Macaron that could be easily slipped on and off without damage.  I cut a strip of the long side of an A4 sheet that was just under 1.5cm (I actually think 1.3 would work a little better).  I added four strips of the ruffle by running a very fine strip of Tombow glue down the centre and adhering the first to the card stock, and then layering the others on top.  An additional tip to get the ruffle to work nicely is to slightly off-set each layer.

By adding the fine frill to the belly band it also gives it more strength and reduces the risk of it getting torn accidentally.

I hope this has been a helpful tip for this little box.

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. I just won this kit in some blog candy. Thanks so much for the tip.
    Babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Babe, what a great thing to win! They are so cute, I am glad my tip helps you out.

      Delete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.