Sunday, November 1, 2015

CTC #54 - Christmas Colours


I have missed the last couple of CASE-ing the Catty blog hops and am so happy to be back this week for this hop, taking inspiration from the colours Real Red, Pool Party and Mossy Meadow. I love how Pool Party gives a modern look to the more traditional green and red.

I have used one of my new sets for this card, with the sentiment coming from Among The Branches, stamping it in Real Red before mounting on a piece of Mossy Meadow that I punched twice with the scallop circle punch, I love the effect this gives and it wasn't too hard to line up the second punch.  Also new on this card is the very pretty ribbon with it's snow like sparkle, it inspired me to cut the third tree from Glimmer Paper rather than the third identically stamped tree.  I added some of my favorite snowflakes to the left of the ribbon.

From here you can either hop on over to Julia's blog, or if you started there you can hop to the main blog page and upload a link to your own creation.


Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. Love the double punched scallop circle Monique. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ribbon and snowflakes down the side. This looks great! And I love the modern look of pool party on Christmas cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right Monique about Pool Party modernising the Red/Green combo, it's nice and fresh, especially with the silver. And I love how you have used the silver ribbon to inspire the glimmer paper tree. that ribbon looks delicious. I will have to try the double punch scallop - it looks great. thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sparkle of the glimmer paper in the Christmas trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Pool Party is one of my favourite colours for Christmas cards, and this one looks terrific with the touches of red and green.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.