Sunday, June 14, 2015

Late Mother's Day

Something many of you who follow my blog won't know about me is that I am terrible at posting letters.  Think of really bad, and times that by 100!  This year for example I made a lovely Easter card for my parents, but only sent it a couple of weeks ago, well after Mother's Day.  In my logic I couldn't make my mum a card for Mother's Day until I had posted Easter, so today I finally sat down to do just that (yes Mother's Day was second week in May, so I am running about 4 weeks behind).

The Stampin Royalty challenge "Anything but a card" took my interest and I decided to think outside the box for mum's card.  

I decided to use the Stampin' Up! Mini Treatbag Framelit and use the gorgeous Timeless Elegance DSP - that is one paper pack that is a must have from this year's catalogue.  I have all sorts of new goodies on this little bag, Birthday Blossoms stamp set for the flower and leaves (and if you look really closely at the Blushing Bride tag I stamped the small flowers from this set and embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder), Circle of Spring for the sentiment. and the new Tags and Labels Framelits.  I coloured some Whisper White cotton ribbon with my marker and also added some Blushing Bride highlights to the flower buds on the DSP - it comes with no colour which is really cool and makes it easy to tie in with any project colour scheme!

There is a little card inside also stamped in Blushing Bride with the small flowers from Birthday Blossoms where I have written the message to my mum, you can see a little tag, made with a piece of the Sahara Sand Lace Trim, peeping out of the top of the bag.

Happy Stamping
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.