Saturday, October 11, 2014

CASE-ing The Catty Week 12: Gift Boxes and Bags

Oops, I am a bit late with my post this week for CASE-ing the Catty Challenges. This week we are taking inspiration for Gift Boxes and Bags from the Holiday Catalogue.

I have to say this week was particularly hard for me, as there are sooo many cute gift boxes to take inspiration from!  I found it so hard that I couldn't just choose one, I had to make two!!!

The first one, on the left, is one of the Tiny Treat Boxes.  These are so cute at 2", but still hold a nice amount of treats, both of these boxes hold 3 Lindt Balls.  I took inspiration for the Tiny Treat Box from the picture on page 10 of the catalogue. I stamped the box with the smallest stamp from Bright & Beautiful using Night of Navy ink, the bow made from a combination of Silver and White Organza ribbon.

The second 'box' is made using the Curvy Keepsake Framelits - I LOVE this box, so versatile.  For this one I used Vellum Cardstock and once cut out with the framelits, I ran it through the Northern Flurry Embossing folder.

 Here is a close up of the tag, stamped with the Good Greetings stamp set. I hand cut the banner and added it to a scallop circle cut from the wonderful sparkly Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper using 1-1/4" Punch.

I hope I have inspired you to join in this week with the challenge, just pick a project from the Holiday Catalogue and CASE away!

Challenge Guidelines

  • Create a new project for this challenge
  • Mention CASE-ing the Catty, and post a link back to the CASE-ing the Catty Blog
  • Note in your post which project you took inspiration from
  • Use only Stampin' Up! Products, new or retired in your project
  • Have fun!

Happy Stamping
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.