Saturday, August 16, 2014

Cover Up

Don't you just hate it when you have a card all planned out, cut out, elements ready to go and the last bit of stamping you do has the shadow edge of the rubber stamp onto your card - I know I do.  Well that happened to me making a cute Christmas card. 

I had already adhered the DSP layer on the flip card, and so didn't want to just waste the whole card and start over.  I have to say usually I trim down the rubber around all my stamp images before mounting, but with Clear Mount, which Bright & Beautiful star is from, I don't worry unless I have a problem.

The easy solution - add a sentiment banner to the card to cover the mistake!  I love this little santa from Get Your Santa On from the new Holiday Catalogue that goes live on 28th August. I coloured him in Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities and used Dazzling Details on the trim of his suit. The DSP is also from the same catalogue.  The glimmer paper is the new Silver Glimmer Paper and has much more of a silver look to it that the one recently retired.  The exciting thing about the upcoming Holiday Catalogue is that for the first time ever it goes live in all the parts of the world where Stampin' Up! are active - no longer do the US get it a month before us!  Of course as demonstrators we get a sneak peek order from the catalogue a month early.

Happy Stamping
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.