Friday, August 29, 2014

CASE-ing the Catty #7 - Home Decor

Time for another CASE-ing the Catty Challenge, this week is all about taking inspiration from the Home Decor section of the catalogue starting at page 94.  You don't have to make a Home Decor item, just use the images in that section as an inspiration for your project.

  Challenge Guidelines:
  • Create a new project for this challenge
  • Mention CASE-ing the Catty in your blog post and link back to the challenge page 
  • Make note in your post of which project from the catalogue gave you inspiration for your project
  • Use Stampin' Up! only products (current or retired) in your project
  • Have fun and inspire others
I chose to make a card this week, taking inspiration from the canvas with the beautiful big Swallowtail butterflies on page 94. I like the colour duo of Hello Honey and Smokey Slate, and so kept this in my design.

The middle butterfly I stamped in Smokey Slate and then stamped onto Vellum, then before allowing it to dry added a mix of Dazzling Details and Clear Embossing Powder to emboss.  The vellum was punched out and added to the card panel.  I used the darkest of the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities to colour pearls and rhinestones for the bodies of the butterflies.

I hope this has helped inspire you to give the challenge a go, just pick something from the Home Decor section and link up to CASE-ing the Catty Blog.

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Monique, I just love the technique you used for your vellum butterfly. Wow! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.