Monday, July 22, 2013

Dynamic Mashup


I have a rostered day off today, so the perfect opportunity to spend some time at my craft desk, Challenge time again for me. This time around I have paired the Dynamic Duo colour challenge with the Friday Mashup challenge which was to use the sketch and/or use a favourite new stamp. I also chose to do the Dynamic Duo option of adding butterflies to the project.

Looking at the sketch I knew I wanted to use the chevrons from Oh, Hello.  I stamped these in Pumpkin Pie and cut each one individually.  My favourite stamp is the Beautifully Baroque large stamp, I can't say exactly why I love it so much, but I think it might have something to do with all the detail and the size of the stamp.

Here is a close up of the butterfly, I stamped with StazOn onto Whisper White, punched it out and sponged the edges.  I used a permanent marker to colour the three pearls before adding to the body of the butterfly.  I also added a little bit of iridescence to the wings, and to parts of the chevrons as well.  

Happy Stamping

4 comments:

  1. That stamp and the butterfly are gorgeous!!
    Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. The butterfly on the large, ornate background almost reminds me of the movie The Mothman Prophecies. Or I am thinking of it b/c I flew over the Ohio River on the way back from Convention - LOL! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very striking! That butterfly looks so pretty against that baroque image! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job mashing up the challenge! Love how you incorporated the butterfly!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.