Sunday, July 21, 2013

Birthday CASE

I have been doing a bit of CASEing lately, taking inspiration from other talented stampers. I find when my mojo is a bit low either copying another card completely or changing up some of the details helps me get back on track with my own creating. Sometimes I do this when I am going for a particular look or just simply run out of ideas of my own and need a card!

This card is for my mum for her birthday and was inspired by both the butterflies and the technique showcased by Lynn on her blog LW Designs. I didn't have a water spritzer on my desk so decided to just huff on the clear block after I had coloured it with Markers.  It left an interesting pattern but not what I was really after.  I coloured up the block a second time and this time spritzed it with my Champagne SHimmer Paint/Alcohol mix,  this added a sparkly layer of colour over the top of the first layer and I really like the effect of texture and shimmer.  

I used my new Chalk Talk Framelits to cut out the Perfectly Penned sentiment, and putting it back through the Big Shot a second time to get the decorative pattern on both ends.  This was the first time I used my Magnetic Platform and I have to say I LOVE IT, it hold the Framelits perfectly in place while you run them through the Big Shot, no holding them down with post-it notes or tape, or hoping for the best ... perfect cuts every time, exactly where I want them.

Happy Stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.