Friday, November 23, 2012

Festive Friday #46

Another week closer to Christmas and time for another Festive Friday Challenge.  This week we have a fun sketch which I ended up doing two ways!

 This is my first go at the challenge, I knew when I saw the wavy part of the sketch that I wanted to use the lovely tulle and use the heat tool on it to melt it, but then I chose to cut it in half long ways to give a single edged ruffle. The second half of the ruffled ribbon I used to create the little rosette.  I love the new Speciality DSP and wanted to add some colour with some sponging to let the embossing show through a little more.

Now I looked at this and knew something wasn't quite right, I loved the cup but it just didn't match the card as much as I had hoped.  I think this image would have been perfect with a different colour scheme, but for this move vintage look it wasn't what I was looking for.

 I decided to remove the panel with the cup on it, and recreate it with a landscape rather than portrait orientation, and added a simple sentiment from the Greetings of the Season embossed in gold on Very Vanilla.  I think this is a much better use of the sketch, what do you think?

Either way I hope I have given you some inspiration to join in this week.  Pop on over to Nicole's blog and check out what the rest of the Design Team have created with this sketch, and I hope you will take the opportunity to join in, there aren't many weeks left before Christmas and this is a great opportunity to get another Christmas card made.

Happy Stamping

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.