Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Non-Traditional Christmas

It is not often I have been able to create mid week, however tonight I was browsing through my favourite challenge blogs and came across the Festive Friday Challenge, which this week had an interesting colour combo to use. Not traditional colours at all for a Christmas card, but I liked the look of the samples done by the design team.  Then I went looking for a sketch to inspire me and came across the Just Us Girls sketch, so I combined the two challenges to create a mid-week card!

For this card I have used the Delicate Doilies stamp set for the background, stamped in Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Blushing Bride.  I wanted to keep a vintagey feel to the card so embossed the ornament in a mix of Dazzling Diamonds and Clear Embossing Powder then added some pearls and twine.  The sentiment is from the Curly Cute set of sentiments

Happy Stamping

2 comments:

  1. Love this! The stamping of the doily on the background paper is so pretty! Nice job with the sketch! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is lovely. The color combo is so pretty! And I love your take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.