Sunday, July 29, 2012

Merry and Bright

When someone wishes you a Christmas that is Merry and Bright I wonder if my creation today is what they had in mind!  I took inspiration from three challenges for this one Festive Friday for the colours, Mojo Monday for the sketch, and Friday Mashup which was a mash up of Christmas and a card decorated on the inside.

Aren't these great bright colours for Christmas?  I wanted to use a Christmas DSP, but not surprisingly didn't have any in the required colours!  I chose the black and white DSP from Letters to Santa, and cut it to the required size for the sketch.  I then coloured each piece separately using my brayer, I love the brayer for nice clean consistent colouring of paper.  

Here is the inside of the card, decorated with one of the stamps from Delightful Decorations, stamped in Melon Mambo and coloured with a combination of silver, Lucky Limeade and Tempting Turquoise markers.  Now all I have to do is decide who will get this bright Christmas Greeting!

Happy Stamping

5 comments:

  1. Lovely merry and bright colors for your card! I love the touch of silver and how you colored in the ornament on the inside of the card.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fabulously bright and funky Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Monique! Love the sparkle and great idea on colouring the DSP. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right... those are interesting colors. No surprise you didn't find them in any Christmas DSP. Love the idea of coloring B&W DSP! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool colors for this challenge. Thank you for playing with the friday mashup this week. Liebe Grüße Ulrike (guest designer from germany)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.