Saturday, June 16, 2012

Baby Shower

Today I went for a baby shower to a special friend from work who is expecting a baby girl in just over a month.  I wanted to make something special for her and was a bit stumped at first as I don't have any 'baby' stamps, then I thought back to the card I saw at Convention made by Felicity Fernandez ...

Card by Felicity Fernandez

And this is my version of the card and matching envelope ...

I decided to use the Nursery Nest DSP as it made me think of pretty wall paper in a baby girl's room.  I used this to steer me toward a colour palette for the rest of the card, including Blushing Bride for the card base, and Perfect Plum for the frame and sentiment. The dress is cut from Flirtatious Specialty DSP using the Edgelits Adorning Accents die cut on an angle.  I just love finding a new use for one of my Stampin' Up! tools, especially when it is a cute as this.

We had a fun time at the baby shower, we played some games (not the horror ones you hear about), and I won "My Water's Broke" by being the first person to free a plastic 'baby' out of an ice cube! One of the other games we played was guessing the name of the Nursery Rhyme and it was surprising how hard that was!  Great way to spend a drizzly cold Saturday.

Happy Stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.