Sunday, June 10, 2012

411 Christmas



We have a long weekend here in Canberra and so, having put the housework behind me, I am getting in to join in with some challenges.  The first one I want to share is a card I made for the Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge.

 I was quite inspired by this challenge, and knew immediately what I wanted to do for this one.  A bit of back story first, last weekend was the Stampin' Up! Convention, an amazing annual event. This year there was a optional I Am Creative class, and we were lucky enough to get a bag full of items to make an advent calendar, the truly exciting thing about the bag was the inclusion of products from our up-coming Annual Catalogue (note the name change from Idea Book & Catalogue).  I used some of these products in this card, the DSP is from the new Christmas pack, and the little wreaths are from the new stamp set.  The Merry Christmas is from the Delightful Decorations set.  I love how they work so well together in this lay out.  

I wanted to give the card some bling, so used my 2 Way Glue pen to make some dots on the wreaths and added red super fine glitter, I also used my blender pen to pick up some Champagne Shimmer Paint and coloured in the bows and star.

I will be using more of the sneak peek sets over the next little while so please do pop back to see some glimpses of what we will be able to order here in September.

Happy Stamping

6 comments:

  1. Love this card Monique. Have to say though I haven't looked at my new products yet. You may have just inspired me to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome card--simple enough to make bunches, but with enough detail to be oh-so-cute!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Stamping 411!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Christmas card!!! You are so smart to start them early!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. You're getting me in the Christmas Card Spirit here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah ... another Christmas card! A Girl after my own heart! Great job with the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty! i love the rich satin ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.