Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sunsets

I am not sure why but it always surprises me when it is time to post up another creation for Paper Lovin' Gals, weeks go so fast these days.  I just love the photo this week, such soft colours and a relaxed feel about this picture.  You can use any part of it to inspire your creation, what will you pick ... colours, layout, theme, just one element?  It doesn't matter, let your creativity run wild and come and join in.

When  I saw the colours in the sky I just knew I wanted to get out my brayer, now I don't do much (any at all really) brayering, I love the effects but am often in a rush and find it time consuming lol!  But for this card I really wanted to play with layering the colours onto the card stock to try and match some of the colours in the picture.  I was so super happy with how it turned out, but I have to share that the bottom bit was sort of a mistake - I used black ink on the bottom and realised it would all be too dark, so I started to run the brayer over the card at more random angles, and was happy to see it gives the impression of hills in the distance!

I hope you like my creation and pop over to the Paper Lovin' Gals blog to see what the other Design Team members have made to inspire you this week. 

Happy Stamping

2 comments:

  1. Your sunset card is lovely. I love the hughes and colors you used in the sunset.

    ~Shawnie B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Mon, love the effect of brayering but it's way too time consuming for me, and I'm not that good at it so I waste too much card and time trying. I can get the same effects with a sponge!

    Love what you've done here, you sure are further down the track in your expertise with this tool than I am.

    Beautiful card.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.