Saturday, April 2, 2011

Birthdays ... Take 1

One of my favourite things are birthdays, be they mine or someone else's!  It's a bit like Christmas with the anticipation, seeing things arrive in the mail that get squirreled away by my daughter, the being spoilt or getting to do the spoiling, celebrating another year of life.  I don't focus too much on the age, if I did that I might feel older than I do!  My next few posts are all about birthdays and not just because my own birthday was last week, but I also have a few projects I have made for other people who also share birthdays at this time (one friend shares my birthday with me!).  This first post is also an entry in the Stampin' Up Only Challenge ...
Firstly I will share the entry into the SUO challenge.  This is a "little something" I put together for my on-line friend and fellow Stampin' Up Demonstrator Steph.  She loves the new In-Colour Concord Crush (who doesn't) and so I used that as the starting point of my project.   I have wanted to try a little tea-light candle cake for ages, and this seemed like just the right time.  I then made a little windowed box to put the cake in (I was really pleased with how it turned out!

Then onto the card. I have a fairly long list of "things I want to try" and an Easel Card has been on the list for a while, and just seemed to fit perfectly with this little cake, as did the Birthday Bakery stamp set.  I just love the sentiments in this set and used one of them on the front of the card "If you are what you eat, eat something cute".  The trimmed Top Note highlighted the stamp just perfectly. 

I completed the card by stamping an additional birthday sentiment on the inside, this one from the A Word For You stamp set.  You can see in this pic the scallop circle.  For this I punched 1 scallop circle in Very Vanilla and a second in Concord Crush and layered them off centre to create the little cake stand, which of course is also what holds the easel in place.

Happy Stamping

4 comments:

  1. Wow Monique what a great gift set, truly amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, what a wonderful gift! So pretty in the Concord Crush. Glad you joined us at SUO Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, how cute! Thanks for playing SUO challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm privledged as I saw this IRL (in real life) and it is stunning. Beautiful work and such a lovely idea Mon. Cheers, Kasey

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.