Monday, June 28, 2010
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry
Stamp Set: Cottage Garden
DSP: Cottage Wall
Other: Dimensionals, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Monday, June 7, 2010
I used Kraft as the base of the card and sponged with brocade blue. I used the Bella Bleu DSP for this one (my first attempt was in hot pinks and purple - just some off cuts as a trial run and I have to say I like the blues far more lol).
The Joy part of the card is that its actually 2 cards put together, the main card and a smaller 3" x 3" card that overlaps it. Here it is with both parts of the card open. In looking at this I could have used more DSP on the inside as the plain Kraft is perhaps a bit dull, either that or stamped a complimentary image on them. Anyway the smaller card opens up to reveal your hand written message ...
For the front I chose the 2-step bird punch - why? because I like the punch and this is just another way to show it off. I sponged the back of the bird with blue to highlight it, and the chest of the bird with Apricot Appeal as often birds have light coloured feathers on their chests. I also sponged the top of the wing for some added dimension.
In the corner of this picture you can just see the "Thank You" stamped onto the large oval and scallop oval. This was mounted on the base and far corner with a double layer of dimensionals - this allows it to stand up off the page far enough to have the corner of the little card slip behind it to keep the card closed.
For me this card was showing the how the basic techniques of card making can be used to very good effect. Overall I was really happy with the end result. The ladies at the workshop appeared to enjoy making theirs also, which was the true aim of the exercise.
This is a great way to use small layouts and display effectively on a regular sized card.
I was really pleased with the result. Now I have one Aqua Painter that is just for bleach (carefully labeled as such) so I can use this technique more often. It may be an option also for when we lose our pretty light purple colours - a spritz of bleach may take just enough colour out of the darker purple to give the effect you are after.
I would suggest doing a test on a scrap piece of card stock (preferably an off cut of the one you are using as I found some variance of colour even on different sheets of More Mustard)