Saturday, May 15, 2010

Been busy

Well its been a while since I posted anything, and I really need to get more motivated to upload my projects. Inspired to do this as I am directing more people to my blog and think there should be more here if they take the time to come and look.


This one is a card I made for my parents for Easter. I needed a religous themed cards, but sadly no stamps that met this criteria ... so after having a look on Split Coast Stampers I found one to CASE, then got a bit creative.

I printed out and cut a cross on computer paper then used the cut out cross as a mask and coloured the background using Pastels, I used the yellow to make the apperance of a halo. The cross on the page looked a bit too plain and stark, so used the vine stamp out of Vingage Vogue set from the Autumn/Winter mini, to create the effect of vines on the cross. To do this I used the paper which I cut the original cross out of to mask the card. Vingage Vogue flowers and leaves were added with half pearls in the centre. I can't remember the exact colours used but think it was So Saffron, Elegant Eggplant and one of the greens. I was so happy with it I made another one for my in-laws also.